Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
Just, you know, as a general guideline, Lix is an everyone fangirl. Not that that isn't incredibly obvious.
Contemplated making this very comment but figured somebody else would word it better. And now you have.
If we're limited to one flattering thing to say about Lix it's that her obsessive flirtations are reassuringly consistent.

As for Kneenibble and to a slightly lesser extent (as in, I babbled for fewer "paragraphs"), The Rose Dragon... I typed up obscenely verbose responses to your posts this morning only for the home computer to eat them. The gist was essentially:
@TRD: This sort of misconception is widely spread, in reality and in fiction. Sigh.
The German thing is cool though - one of the reasons I ended up taking French as half of my joint degree was that French and German were the only classes that I was able to express myself about "issues" in unimpinged by school rules - as long as you're grammar and inntonation was sound you could make whatever ridiculous argument you liked! We talked about veil policy and gay marriage and adoption in French and in German - subjects that were entirely taboo, innapropriate or "dangerous" in essentially every other subject area I had experience in.
@ Kneenibble:
Your situation isn't without precedent either. What you're describing seems to be very common within the transvestite community. I use the word transvestite because that's the term Eddie Izzard identifies as and I'm a big fan of his work. If you've never heard of him I reccommend a google and/or youtube search - you're likely to come up with something that resonates with your experiences.
(+ 70% added waffle.)
It's probably for the best that my connection's bad and I use tech that's on it's death bed.
[ER wonders whether she sounds as patronising as she suspects she does, and puts it down to paranoia]