Since you kinda ninja-ed me and two a lot of people(you guys work fast!) posted since my post, i'll reply here:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirion View Post
So I went on a road trip with some straight friends to Montreal. Every night we went bar hopping and club hopping. The very first club, fairly small one of about 30 people the second floor of a bar and about to wrap up, had two gay couples dancing. No one batted an eyelash. We were outside The Village, Montreal's gay community. I spot more in other straight clubs too.

Later on I'd see same-sex couples just walking down the street holding hands. Again, we're not in The Village. No reaction from anybody.
D'awwww. This. This is what I consider victory for LGBTA+ rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirion View Post
We obviously weren't successful in our quest, but I was shocked by the village. It was so normal. It wasn't that in your face flamboyant style I was accustomed to seeing from gay parades and the like. It was just normal, accepted. And my friends were surprisingly cool with everything. Gave this closeted guy a sigh of relief.

I definitely want to visit Montreal again!
This is also a victory for me; that gay people can be gay without being a flaming stereotype. Fun fact: A person I used to know refused to believe I was gay on the basis that I wasn't an effeminate flaming girly-boy. Or that a friend of mine who was slightly effeminate was straight, and I suspect she promptly started spreading rumours about him for whatever reason.