SquirrelKing
Do you know any alternate names considered for you before you were born, including one that your parents might have chosen if you were born the opposite gender?
I don't know any other names they considered, but I know they did consider a number of other names before I was born, but felt after I was born that I just was a [NAME REDACTED]

What's your favorite memory from 2010?
Do I have to pick just one? Hmm...
It's a toss-up between playing Ralph Rackstraw in HMS Pinafore and the two UK meetups which happened in that year.

I'm curious...why would you not want to work at a bar? (This coming from someone who was a bartender for 12 years.)
Being rushed off my feet in a crowded, likely noisy place dealing with an endless string of drunken demands for alcohol? I'll pass.

Blue Ghost
How’s life at the moment?
Pretty good. G&S-filled until next Sunday. I need to get some things sorted out, though. And organise my birthday party.

Favorite color?
Navy blue.

Favorite fruit?
Satsumas and the like.

Favorite ice cream?
Not sure. Depends on mood really. If I want something sweet, either honeycomb or toffee butterscotch. But sometimes I'd rather something less sweet, in which case I'd probably go for something fruit flavoured, but I don't really know what.

What is your theme song?
Don't know.

What is your alignment?
Roughly due west at the moment. Hey, you didn't specify D&D alignment...
OK, somewhere between NG and N.

What is your Magic: The Gathering color?
Never played, know nothing about it.

What is the meaning of life?
Does it have to have one?

What are your thoughts on:

Love?
Complicated. I wrote a whole blog post on the subject and I could probably still say more.

Friendship?
Good? Important? A fairly non-specific topic on which to ask for opinions?

Freedom?
Also complicated, for reasons described somewhat by Lord Vetinari in the Discworld book Going Postal. And probably other reasons as well.

What is the color of your aura?
I have trouble with questions like this because I don't really associate colours with personality traits at all.

What does your essence taste like?
Or tastes.

What’s your elemental affinity?
Surprise.
Alternatively, carbon.

Who would you ask to the next Playground Prom, if we had one?
Curly.

Are you part of any other online communities?
Facebook. Also a couple of forums containing people I know IRL, but they're basically dead now.

How often do you clean out your PM box?
I delete PMs as and when I feel I need to. I never completely clear my PM box, because there are some PMs I'm holding onto for nostalgia purposes.

What fictional character do you most identify with?
...That's a really difficult question. Do you know how many fictional characters I can think of? I don't, but it's a lot.

Socks: Yes or no?
Yes. I'd be surprised if anyone said no.

What’s your pony name?
Don't know.

Do you know any Playgrounders in real life?
A fair few. I love meetups!

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
1977?
11 years before I was born. 2 years after Karpov became world champion. Elvis Presley was taken away by aliens? Or was that '76?

You look dashing. How DO you do it? You would not be out of place as a musketeer, if you grew your hair to shoulder length.
...My hair is shoulder length.
And, I don't know. I just try and take care of my hair. and my beard, while I have one. Oh, and I dress fairly well, though I could still do with more fancy clothes and a wardrobe in which to put them.

You say you like music, hmm? What's your favourite genre/artist/album/song?
Really difficult question. I mean, obviously I have a great focus on Gilbert & Sullivan, so there's that. I find it difficult to compare that much between genres. I also like some musicals, Les Miserables being the one which really sticks out. Choral music is good, both the old-fashioned stuff (Mahler's 8th, Beethoven's 9th. Seriously) and the more modern stuff, choral arrangements of relatively popular songs. Oh, and barbershop. I can provide a few youtube links if people want.
Then, on music closer to the modern mainstream, I'm really never sure of the divisions between the genres of pop/rock/etc, but favourite artist has to be David Ford. Also up there are Duke Special and Beccy Owen. And going back in time a bit, Pink Floyd, The Beatles and The Kinks.
Album, well, The Carnival Leaves Town by The Dawn Chorus is pretty good, to pick one from out of my list of favourite artists/bands, but really I have to go into that list. But the thing is, I tend to like all of their stuff, so which album do I choose? Probably the most recent for the modern ones, so Let The Hard Times Roll for David Ford, I Never Thought This Day Would Come for Duke Special and... actually, no, for Beccy Owen I'd say The Singer Kicks beats out Down With Gravity. As far as Pink Floyd goes, Wish You Were Here, particularly for Shine On You Crazy Diamond, definite contender for favourite song there. Can't really pick for Beatles and I onyl really know The Kinks from their Best Of actually.
Song, I've mentioned SOYCD, then, well, going back to G&S, probably A British Tar from HMS Pinafore. Choral, I mentioned Mahler and Beethoven. Modern stuff, well, thing is, with some of my favourite albums it's difficult to pick out a favourite song, because it's just that I like the whole thing together. Duke Special - Love is a Series of Scars. Beccy Owen - Stormbound and Mention. David Ford - Hurricane. Oh, also There is a Light The Never Goes Out, by The Smiths, as performed by David Ford. I don't like the original so much.
I could probably come up with more.

Do you play music in any way?
I used to play violin and viola, but I haven't for years. I started learning piano, and intend to go back and teach myself a bit more, when I find the plug for my keyboard... I can get to a reasonable level of competence on specific pieces. Bass guitar, I achieved a basic level of proficiency and then kind of stopped, but I'm sure I could get back into it. Want to learn other instruments as well.
Oh, and I sing.

Have you ever considered doing so? As an idle dream, even?
See above.

Archonic Energy
Do you play CCGs?
It would be helpful if you'd uninitialise that.

If you could be any CCG card what would you be?
Still don't know what you're talking about.

Cisco or Nortel?

iPod ot MP3 player?
mp3 player.

Bose or Beats?
Beats brings to mind genres of music I'm not overly fond of. Bose is a famous physicist. Bose!

Mac or PC?
PC.

360 or PS3
PS3.

Blu Ray or DivX stream?
I don't see the point of the first and I don't really know what the second is.

TARDIS or DeLorean?
TARDIS all the way.

Hoopy or frood?
Frood, of course. Hoopy just means "Really together guy," whereas frood means "Really amazingly together guy. It's just unambiguously better.

Invisibility cloak or elder wand?
Hmm, tricky. Power is tempting, and it doesn't seem like the being constantly targeted thing was so much a property of the wand as of the people who had it. Though people could always find out by investigation... yeah, invisibility cloak.

B5 or DS9?
B5, and I'm sure I will retain this view even once I've actually seen DS9.

Are you going to update your blog any time soon?
Yes! I just need to edit some videos together and then I'll make a post about my holiday. And then one about Portal 2. However I'm a bit occupied at the moment with G&S, limiting my time to a certain extent. Oh, and of course then they'll be a post about Yeomen of the Guard, and one about HMS Pinafore after next week. And probably one about Doctor Who.

Scotch or Bourbon?
Neither.

HCl or NaOH?
That's... hydrochloric acid or sodium hydroxide?
They're both deadly, aren't they?

GDI or Nod?
What or what?

What OS do you use on your primary "computer"
Windows, and why is computer in quotemarks?

Laptop or desktop?
Laptop.

Sniper Rifle or Shotgun?
Depends on the situation.

GLaDOS or Wheatly?
GLaDOS, naturally.