Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust

Q: If you use a ranged attack on another player (Haley's longbow or V's fireball, for instance), does the winner still take a piece of equipped loot from the loser, even if it's like 3 squares away?

The rules don't specify, but it seems wierd to take loot from someone three rooms away after hitting them with an arrow. We currently play so that the winner always takes one loot in a PvP battle, regardless of the range.
After reading through the rules again, it says under the Loot section that you may steal an equipped loot from a player after beating them in battle if at range = 0. I swear I'm not trying to contradict anyone's answers (Giant) regarding rules questions, as it still seems it could go both ways. However, in that particular paragraph it specifically states only if Range = 0, where as in the Player Vs. Player section of the rules it only says take one loot from the losing player, not specifying range at all.

Sorry to be picky, I just want to make sure we're playing with your original intentions in mind. Still loving the game.