Quote Originally Posted by Feriority View Post
If having innate charms counts for the purposes of combos, then my first character qualifies for tier 2 just by having SSE and Reflex Sidestep as innate... that seems off to me, because I definitely don't know the rules well enough for my characters to count as highly optimized in any way.
In 3.5 D&D, Wizards are Tier 1, but few people played them in a way so as to overpower everyone else. It's about capability, not actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
What if you get every charm that can overcome every nonstandard offensive action and then never combo anything?
You get to hang out with the optimized Truenamers from the D&D tier system?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
There's not so many things in Exalted with stuff worth taking sadly.
Oh, no, there's lots of things with stuff worth taking, once you take into account artifact components.

The tears of just about anyone you beat is probably good for making something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
Tura, if people worried about everything, then would anyone have any courage to step out of their own homes? everyone knows that roleplaying games are about taking risks, If I was completely safe there would be no point in playing.
Alternately, you're an elder Celestial exalt and your paranoia is an extension of your crazy.

I envision that at the time of the Usurpation, many Solars probably seriously engaged in Paranoia combat, which is why even a mass ambush with overwhelming power left enough Solars alive enough to obliterate the entire city they were fighting in and turn the Usurpation into a brief world war.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
...well, that's optimization for either (Social or physical) combat, which... should really not be the focus of the game, if only for sanity's sake. But if you want that:
Well, there's not really much to say about optimization outside of combat mechanics.