Audric
Spoiler
Show
Rana hisses back, "Well, maybe you should have tried to kill me! Then at least we'd both know where we stand and there wouldn't be all this running around putting ourselves further in danger! Then I'd be back in the woods, where I belong instead of following you around like an idiot, putting my life in danger! If there's one thing I've learned in all my years, it's that I can't trust anyone to look out for me! You'd rather risk me and Antal and yourself -- and presumably Llaars, too, as he's been aiding us -- for one man you've never met, instead of recognizing when you're out of your depth and doing what it takes to survive."

She turns her back to him and says nothing for a moment, hugging herself, before continuing, voice tight, "You say that he won't betray us but you have no way to be sure of it. If you want to send Paral to the paladins and let them take care of it, I'm sure they can do so quite effectively, which might also get them to put pressure on the sorceress. That is a fine plan. Bringing a paladin here? To us? No."

She turns back to face him, "What happens if you've judged your friend wrong? What happens if he attacks us? If you bring him down here and he wants to kill me, who will you choose?"