I would be on board except for two points.

First, the sample of a "hard" skill that accompanies the new DCs is hanging on while being dragged behind a wagon. To me, that sounds like a stock heroic skill check. It shouldn't require an 18 str character trained in athletics to achieve that only 55% of the time. I'm not sure what the 30th level equivalent to that is (being dragged behind an elemental roc?), but it certainly shouldn't require a a +6 item and all of your stat raises to achieve the same.

Second, a lot of what skill checks do is determine if you can attempt other actions. In other words, a failed balance DC may mean you cannot take your standard action like you planned. As you increase in level, the consequence of losing your standard action also increases. Comparatively, the benefit of your other actions becomes a lesser portion of the overall potential of your entire round.

This creates a perverse incentive to not risk your standard action by not taking other actions which might risk it. Often, the other actions are things like putting yourself in a situation wherein you might be forced to make a skill check to see if you can hold on while being dragged behind the elemental roc.

Those are fun moments and I don't want to discourage them. I think the new DC chart does.