1. - Top - End - #1137
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony VII: The Grand Galloping Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, that's just her thinking aloud, not trying to sound smart. Shimmerdust's head is not a safe place to be, and unfortunately, she projects it to the world around her with her mouth. I'll try and have her do more of the "funny" thing than the "1st-year-philosophy-student" thing, but she's gotta do it occasionally. Her not-making-sense isn't supposed to be deep (not that she isn't deep, just not along the dimension of abstract philosophy), it's supposed to be of the "why are you even thinking that" variety. So, it may annoy you, but from your reaction, I know I'm portraying her quite perfectly.

Upon further thought, I have realized that Morning Glory's first impression serves my purposes, despite the fact that it is not exactly accurate. You may continue to think of her that way in your head. Honestly, the story will probably be more sensical that way (I mean, the other ponies kind of treat her that way too).

I'm kind of glad to hear people pointing out the character flaws of the ponies, because they're supposed to be there. They really are flawed ponies who are going to have to slog through personal problems of their own making if they want to have their life go well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright then. I wasn't really accusing her of trying to sound smart, just saying that that's how she came across, even while I grasped the character. She's a lot like... blonde... ditz... character... whose name I forget from Friends.

Also as far as Morning Glory being That Sex Pony, part of the reason I brought it up is... well... based on a kid's show. Not saying you should censor yourself on account of that. Just saying, it's really unexpected.

Glad you have a plan. I did enjoy myself (far more than I expected to). As long as the annoyances and oddities I uncovered serve a purpose, full steam ahead.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-05-17 at 09:50 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com