Sohssal

”So...what you're asking me to do is to make so many enemies that the only safe place to stand is with you and yours. I can't say I'm eager, but I'm also not surprised you'd ask for this level of 'devotion'," Sohssal said. He would smirk back if he still had a face, but he settled for tilting his head to the side a little.

Still, what choice did he have? Even if there wasn't currently a war, it was obvious they were going to start one. But this was still an opportunity for him. He could find a way, with or without the Baron, to turn everyone against his potential enemies.

”How about I do something that would still be useful for me? I shall take everything I have learned from imbuing myself with demonic power and create a contagion. In such a dilute form, it won't make a dramatic transformation, but it will be something easily exploited... and it would turn everyone infected into a potential enemy of the Valkyrie,” he suggested.

Regardless of how the Baron responded, Sohssal then cut off the spell. If the Baron approved, he would simply excuse himself to start work on the project (after silently suppressing his doubts). If he disapproved, then he would simply claim to start thinking of something else. Before he actually got to work, he would need time to rest and regain energy, not to mention check on his associates.