1. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    It is my propose for a new 9th division character. Please offer your advice and comments freely.

岡地 佳紀 Okaji Kaki
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Hair: Green
    Eyes: Gold
    Reiatsu: Dust, it seems thin and weak, but it is spread very widely around her. Subtle.
    Rank: 4th seat, 9th Division (maybe soon to be vice captain?)

Appearance: A short young woman, Kaki seems more like she is still an academy student. Her defining features are green hair and unusual gold eyes.

Personality:
    A calm and collected girl, she doesn't seem easily upset by things. Maybe she seems a little aloof. But it is the personality of a young person who wants to be seen with dignity and grace. She is very diligent of taking notes and observations, to do paperwork and essay, and seems to often offer an opinion that is older than she looks. She has a strong spirit and determination that is more than she seems. A very straight-laced junior.

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show

Born in Soul Society, her father is a researcher in the 12th division, who gave her the hanafuda cards that she uses now. She had an uneventful early life, but entered the Academy at an extremely young age. It was expected with her intelligence she would preform well in science and join her father in 12th division, but she was more interested in Kido.

During her time in the Academy, she was a very gifted student in Kido, because of her excellent memory. A recent Academy graduate, Kaki was promoted quickly in the last year due to her strong performance on 12 different assignments, and the recent loss of members in the 9th division. She is considered by some to be a prodigy of Kido, but is overshadowed because of some of some other more famous characters, like the former Kido Corps Commander. Maybe with time, she will earn recognition.

Something Extra:
    The powerful and delicious coffee of 9th Division is somewhat famous. It is known to be useful for 13th division members on long patrols, and maybe even in 12th division for the researchers. It is the famous Okaji style coffee, Kaki learned of it from her father, who rarely sleeps with his research job at 12th division. Kaki has learned to make this coffee quite strongly, and though Vice Captain Goto never drinks it, Kaki makes certain that the 9th division building always has coffee ready for drinking.
    Sometimes she can be seen to make deliveries to other divisions if there is request.
    Where is coffee grown in Soul Society? It is a secret I think.

Something Extra 2:

The hairpin worn by Kaki is changed every month. It is rumored if it is asked about, Kaki will be happy.

Something Extra 3:
    The ghost phone used by Kaki is said to be a fashionable style for young people in soul society, but does not suit her personality and job.

General Skills:

Spoiler
    Show
    Zanjutsu: This is not the speciality of Kaki, though she is training hard to meet the expectations of her superiors. Her zanpakutou's nature makes this hard however. She uses her speed to quickly enter and leave close range.

Hakuda: No she cannot very well.

Hoho: All of 9th division members must be skilled at this, and Kaki is very precise in footwork. She is very accurate, and one of the fastest of seated members, though she doesn't seem like it. For 9th division scouts, it is a necessary skill, and she has good stamina of shunpo technique.

Kido: This is Kaki's other skill specialty from Shunpo. She is very strong in Scout techniques and also Geomancing. Of elements, her choice is normally Earth or Lightning. She is very skilled in recording, analysis and creation of area wards and hiding her presence.

Reiryoku: Her spiritual presence feels very weak, and is not very centered. It is dispersed in the area, which lets her feel around her in a 10 meter radius. If she focuses, she can extend this much further. It does make her difficult to locate, though one simply must guess within the area where she may be.

Sensor: She is, like some scouts of 9th, a reiryoku sensor, capable of detecting, identifying, and tracking spiritual energy over many kilometers. With kido and tools, to be a 4th seat of 9th Division, it is to mean she is perhaps 4th best scout in Soul Society, and of course one of the best sensors.

Hanafuda:
    Spoiler
    Show

The tool that allows Kaki her skill, it is a set of Hanafuda cards, which she uses with Kido for many things: scouting, creating maps, distractions, divinations, and some others.

Seasons: Of course there are 4 seasons, and are to connect to a direction.
    Suits: There are 12 suits of flowers, and they have a month, which is so divided also to season. So it is a 12/12/4 system, and to have 3 suits to 1 season.
    Cards: Each flower suit has 4 cards.
    In total, there are 48 cards, which also relate to the 48 kido she is very familiar with. Because of such a trait, she was sometimes called nickname "Twelve", but maybe it was a joke for her young appearance at academy too.

Zanpakutou: 燕子花 (Kakitsubata )
    Spoiler
    Show

In it's sealed form, Kakitsubata is a normal wakizashi. When on assignment, Kaki keeps it on her back. In soul society, it is on her side.

Shikai:
    Kakitsubata transforms into the smaller form of a tanto Kaki keeps in her robes.
    Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

覚えれ,燕子花! Oboere, Kakitsubata!
    The first ability of Kaki's shikai is a memorization power. To point the zanpakutou at a target, it's unique spiritual energy is memorized by Kaki, allowing her to track it across great distances using her sensor abilities and kido. It can also be used to memorize a book, or a location in a very quick period of time. Of course, the information will be eventually forgotten.

掏り替えれ,燕子花! Surikaere, Kakitsubata!

The second ability of Kaki's sword lets her to switch places with a target within 70 meters when she swings her sword. The target appears where she was standing, and she appears where the target was. She can choose freely to use or not use this in a sword strke. The target object or person must weigh at least half of her weight (so she cannot switch with a notebook or something like this). It is an instant effect. Motion and speed remains, so it does not stop someone moving when switched, just where they are and maybe their direction.

Bankai: Not achieved
    She has a couple of interesting quirks. Seems like she'll be fun, in the capacity of a straight woman. I don't really understand the connection of the Hanafuda cards to Kaki's Kido, though.

My brief bit of research turned up that they can be used for divination, using a complex method to determine which months you get to count as a full set, so I guess that one could use the connection with various months' associations to modify Kido, but you said that each card is keyed to a different Kido. I've not yet found anything that dealt with each card individually, so could you give us some examples of how it might work?

Her spread of abilities seems reasonable. Her Shikai is interesting, and still somehow leaves a bit of room for Hayashi Goro's to remain useful.

Overall, beyond my confusion on the Hanafuda cards, I approve quite heartily.

Edit: I am assuming that Kaki is simply a genius in her specialties, thus explaining how she was able to achieve such power and rank at her young age. Is that about right?
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2011-05-20 at 08:23 AM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show