1. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XII: "Now in Rapid Fire range!"

Well, I had an interesting evening.

I was playtesting a potential Tournament list (and I decided to roll with it) against one of the local strongest players Tau, that I have never seen lose a game, I've only ever drawn against him before and even then, I only had an immobilised gunship left, whereas he had most of his Daemons left (they just couldn't hurt me)

I won, which was nice. Me and my partner for the tournament then took our lists against each other. Ohhhh boy. has he gone shooty. By the time my gunships rolled up, I had one scout left. The rest died to a drop pod ironclad and shooting. The gunships and dreadnoughts proceeded to rip through his army, killing a Landraider redeemer (that toasted my Death company and Librarian after a bad Drop pod scatter), the Ironclad, immobilising his Vindicator, killing a Landspeeder and removing the Typhoon launcher from the other 2 while the Dreadnoughts killed his Hammernators, a librarian and a Tac squad. All for nothing as I couldn't get near his objectives, but still, a fun game.

My list, for the tournament (I can't actually change it now, so this is purely for interests sake but I can tweak it for next time if I need to.)

Spoiler
    Show

Librarian 100
    Shield
    Sanguine Sword

Elite

Librarian Dreadnought 175
    Shield
    Unleash Rage

Furioso Dreadnought 135
    Talons
    Heavy Flamer

Troops

Scouts 85
    Sniper Rifles
    Missile Launcher

Scouts 85
    Sniper Rifles
    Missile Launcher

Scouts 85
    Sniper Rifles
    Missile Launcher

Scouts 85
    Sniper Rifles
    Missile Launcher

Death Company 175
    Power Fist
    Power Weapon
    Drop Pod

Death Company Dreadnought 135
    Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support

Stormraven 230
    Sponsons

Stormraven 230
    Sponsons

Stormraven 230
    Sponsons

What ? No flying Dreadnought ? HERESY ! It's going in the gunships, as I'm sure you guessed, providing some form of cover save if I have to go slowly. A rerolling to hit (if Unleash Rage gets cast) S!0 fist as well as a S6 force weapon was too tasty to ignore. The Librarian will roll with the Death company, providing a Magic Hat in the opponent's DZ and generally messing them up as best as they can. Strength 10 from the Sanguine Sword Hurts bad.
    Last edited by Timberwolf; 2011-05-24 at 08:14 PM.

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu