Samuel looked around after exiting the half-ruined Orders buliding, grimy and partially in shock at the sheer devastation that surrounded him on all sides. Amazingly, his stomach growled, and he realized that it had been over 24 hours since he had last eaten. He walked towards the ruins of an old bakery he liked to visit and scavenged around for some old bread that he could use to feed his stomach. Afterwards, he stood amongst the ruins and looked around, trying to find someone else that was alive in the ruined city. In the distance he notices what appears to be a girl holding some sort of weapon in her hands, though he can't tell what type from the current distance. Hoping she isn't a brigand, he makes up his mind and walks towards her, holding his hands up in the air to show he wasn't armed and, more importantly, not a threat.

As he gets closer, he realizes she is dressed in simple clothing, and is holding a sickle in her hands, a wickedly sharp one at that. He stops 10 feet or so away from her, not wanting to provoke an attack out of her from fear. He talks loudly and quickly, not realizing he is doing so Hello! Who are you? Where did you come from? Are you a survivor like me? My name is Samuel, Samuel Kenwyck. I'm a member of the Order of Mages, defenders of this fair city, though apparently we failed in that task. At that, he fell silent, unsure as to how to proceed, deciding for the moment to let her speak and see where that lead.