View Single Post

Thread: Scatter the Pieces [IC]

1. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Scatter the Pieces [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by SPoD
    Eztra just stared at her, unable to process the simple question at first. "Help us?" she repeated numbly.
    Magdi found herself oggling again. She'd been spotted, and her offer of help had been heard. What would the southerner do when she realised Magdi couldn't technically do anything? It had been a stupid thing to say. Poor girl must have seen at least as much horror in the past few hours as Magdi had and now she'd gone and belittled her by pretending she could fix it! What to say...?
    She noticed some of the girl's toggles were undone. She'd catch her death that way, especially with such dainty floaty fabric underneath. She had to be hear for All Saints, Magdi realised. What a welcome to Sunspeak that day must have been...
    The girl with the weapon stepped forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by PollyOliver View Post
    "Sorra Mistborn," she said, as the goblin came into view. Again the epithet, the one no one ever used but her father. She shrugged it away. "From down there," she said, pointing slightly down the mountain.
    She was a pretty young thing, Magdi observed - probably prettier without all that muck and blood on her clothes, but pretty nontheless. She had a pale pink face, quite round, and nice brown eyes and hair. A bit like Hywellen, she noted, but not so red, and less snooty. Magdi glanced absently in the direction Sorra had pointed.

Quote Originally Posted by PollyOliver
    Then she pointed at the girl and her clothes. "Can I?"
    Magdi supressed a giggle. Obviously a mother, she thought.
    Then her eyes widened, appalled. Hopefully the child was at home, perhaps Sorra had come to Sunspeak to get a break from the baby: she didn't look like she was old enough to have a kid that wasn't a baby, and Magdi knew babies were loud. She'd sat for a couple, and heard people moan about more.
    She scrutinised the girl a little closer. "Sorra Mistborn" she thought to herself... "Sorra"... she'd heard it before. She'd seen the face before too...
    Magdi frowned. There had been a baby.
    Sorra Mistborn had two siblings, neither of them grown up - Sorra was the girl she'd taught the lullaby to. But where were the kids? Magdi wasn't sure she wanted to know.

Quote Originally Posted by SPoD View Post
    Eztra's puzzlement at the goblin is cut short by Sorra's request.
    "Please!" responded Eztra, almost a little too enthusiastically. "I didn't even know what a..." She paused, her brow furrowing. "Coat. I didn't even know what a coat was until last week. We don't have a word for it in Hartane, you know. Arm-cloak is the closest thing. My guide gave me one of his."
    She stopped and looked down. "And the knife, too." [...]
    She follows Sorra's look down the mountain. "Is anyone...are they still...?" she asks. "Or is it just us?"
    Magdi stared a moment longer, trying to decide what to say.

"There's a pony called Blodwyn somewhere around Navek by now," she murmured when she'd found her voice, "I'm Magdi, I'm from around here. You're the first..." she hesitated, glancing at Sorra. She was going to say "survivors" but didn't want to cause upset by reminding everyone of what they might have lost. "I've only come out of hiding just now, I'm afraid. I sort of... ran and hid." it was probably best to tell them the truth. She didn't see how they could blame her for it really, it had been cowardly, yes, but if she hadn't done it she wouldn't have lived to be talking to them now. That was probably obvious. "Is there anything I can do for you two?" she rose up on tip toes, looking for the man they'd been with, "Or for your friend? I'd like to help, if I can. I used to know this place quite well..."
    Last edited by Eleanor_Rigby; 2011-05-28 at 04:07 PM.
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra