Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
Spoiler
Show
It's at the very least the best thing I have ever seen you write. All Hallow's Night and Bright New Days are extremely well constructed, and all three pieces carry with them a love of the meta and the unusual that charms and delights, but Misted Stage has something your other pieces lacked: crisp, clear, hardcore, punch you in the face directness. There is a crystalline sense of clarity, you see and feel everything come together. If the weakness of your earlier works is that certain parts of your audience look at it and go, "buh?", then you have conquered that weakness and worn its skin as a cloak. This is powerful, powerful, gripping stuff. Star-6 stuff. The audience applauds.

Themes present in Misted Stage include explorations into what a hero is and is not, contrasting the rambly reality of Braeburn with the roles he's played on stage, ultimately arriving at the conclusion that what's important is the willingness to stand up and say something. The story rejects violence and vengeance as valid solutions, insisting that tolerance and forgiveness will ultimately triumph. And of course, wall-eyed love conquers all. Derpy kissing Fluttershy is your moment of brilliance. Everything is on display in that single awkward image.

Does that clarify things? Will you walk around gloating now?

edit: I'm reviewing stories again. I feel... powerful.
Wow. It's scary how much of the theme was unconscious and based off of hunches. But, yes, I will now start walking around gloating about how my fanfiction has received literary criticism of its themes on the internets.

And once again, I've managed to make someone feel awesome by being a foil for their talents! I wonder if my cutie mark's going to be a mirror or something.

...If I could get a cutie mark of the Celestial Mirror from Okami, I would. That would be the awesomest thing in the history of awesome things.

Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
We are aiming for 2+ pony threads reaching page 50+ a day. In fact that is why I started the fan fiction on the first page of this thread in hopes that other people here would get in on that.
...We are? That sounds rather crazy. Like, FFRP-gone-wild insane.

I know I'm here to hang out with you guys and post my fanfictions. I'm not aiming for a thread that goes so fast that - if you left over the weekend - the thread would be impossible to catch up on. That's what always turned me off when it came to Random Banter, and I don't want to see the pony thread turn into that.