View Single Post

Thread: Why?

1. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Why?

Is that really such a terrible thing? I only recently became acquainted with the Tier system, I have NO idea how to break a Druid, but I do realize a 20th level wizard is a force of nature while a 20th level Fighter is merely a powerful element in said nature.

Also, not everyone CARES about optimization, and when someone specifically says "what should I do for this one particular thing" that means they want something "For that one particular thing" not an entire re-write for their entire build. Just because you have a keyboard and an opinion on the persons entire build, doesn't necessarily mean you have to voice it.

It's not a terrible thing at all. But... if you do want your character to be more optimized (and, by coming to this forum and asking people here, I imagine you are) then part of your question has an inherent "Make my build better" mentality to it.

If you don't know that much about the system, then you could easily have missed something that would make your character that much better.

You could ask for a feat, but if there's a prestige class with the same ability and it will sync in with some of the other parts of your build, wouldn't you want to know it... rather than just know what feat you've asked about?

I can understand if you don't want people voicing opinions no one asked about, but personally I think it's just as bad to criticize people who are only offering free advice.

Free useful advice at that.

Maybe not useful for your specific build, but it could be useful for someone else who's thinking of making a similar build of their own and wanting to tweak it a bit for power/flavor/fun.
    Last edited by Sillycomic; 2011-06-03 at 12:53 AM.
    No, you move.