Audric sits still and quiet, doing his best to ignore the words in his mind. There is no purpose in answering the spirit, and giving him attention may just mean giving him weapons. Just the second time he answers, too angry to keep ignoring him: “No, maybe not murdering children. Just possessing helpless boys, forcing them to do your will. I may be a fool, but not that much of a fool. Shut up, now. In Aldaran’s name.” He doesn’t know if it worked or if he has simply became too tired to keep his mind clear enough to hear the whispers of magic, but the rest of his shift passes in blissful silence. He is aware he should at least give some thought to what he’s doing and the path he is more or less willingly taking, but his mind balks at the prospect. I’m tired. I’m not thinking clearly. Perhaps after a bit of sleep things will make more sense.

He wakes up Llaars at the end of his shift with a warning “Apparently that thing in Paral’s head can speak directly to other minds. I do not know if I can hear it because I’m a paladin, but just in case, ignore everything it says. It is trying to mess with our heads”. He claps the big man on the shoulder “Have a good night”. He too tries to put his head on the pile made by his armor, and to get some sleep as best as he can