1. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (IC)

Kalinor starts at the sudden appearance of a gnome, but rallies quickly, and turns back to Ambrose.

Ambrose the Mighty? An honour. I fear I must decline your generous offer Prince Pensive. I have backers at home in Chaldecott who would surely look askance at my travelling under the banner of another, with all the questions of divided loyalty that would bring. I'd be happy to travel with you, however, and share what food and fire we have. I'm hoping that we're the end of our journey though.

He glances back at Uzark, some hundred yards away, who appears to be setting up a tripod, and some kind of pendulum.

As for our reason for coming here, well that is simple enough. I am a merchant, and we intend to trade in the city. I am hoping that the city will find what we bring to its tastes.

He nods, and then draws out a small mirror, maybe a foot on each side, bordered by a thin frame decorated with a web-like pattern of dull and shining metals. In it you can see reflected the darkening sky.

I'm confident the city has goods that we want. Planar travel is almost unknown, back home. The trick is to find something we can sell, and I'm hoping our mirrors will do well.

Sense motive check:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive on Kalinor - is he holding something back?
    Absolutely. He's much more nervous than he's letting on, he particularly keeps on sneaking nervous glances over at Umbriel. He's also rather intrigued by Ambrose's suggestion. His regret is genuine, but he's trying to think of a way around it.

He's also very very good at disguising his intentions. This is someone who would expect to fool most of the people most of the time, and is very practiced at doing so.
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-06-07 at 05:55 PM.