Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
Justice was a good album, don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of The Black Album, though. But Metallica's first three albums... man, I'm not really a thrash fan, generally, but those three albums are terrific. Especially Lightning and Puppets.
I just mean I can't imagine how anyone could like Master of Puppets so much. The unnecessarily long songs which nearly loop themselves coupled with less amazing riffs than Lightning ... eh.

Lightning is the only Metallica album I still like, though. The rest just sounds too boring after my Megadeth binge.

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
I'm not a fan of melodic metal in general. To each his own, right? Seriously, I don't understand why you guys react that way to people who have differing taste.
I put it in small size because while it's madness to me doesn't mean that I think it's too serious. It's just put there at the end to needle at you a little (this happens a lot among Metalheads I know, what with all the arguments and such). I'm sorry if it came off as a bit personal, but we're generally an arrogant, spirited and stubborn lot

That said, I don't see how Powerslave or Piece of Mind are more melodic than Beast, at least to a degree that'd turn you off. Seventh Son? Yeah, I can see how that might be an issue ...