Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
Rome skipped over every single battle. Personally I think it'll go like this.
Spoiler
Show
There will be a lot of noise in the background a few far off fuzzy shots of people moving. Tyrion goes to the boat, a burst of fire or something to get Tyrion out of position, epic Podrick Payne maneuver and Tyrion falls unconscious before we actually see anything.
Spoiler
Show
Which is incidentally how the book did it. We got a lot of talking, then Tyrion riding out, getting knocked unconcious, then waking up and getting filled in on the rest. I think people who came into the show expecting to see the stuff that we missed in the books are really missing the point of an adaption. It isn't to show things we couldn't see otherwise, it's to show what we see in the books.

The only problem I really have with the way it's been portrayed so far is Tyrion getting knocked out by his own men before the fight even started. I think it would have worked just as well with a quick 10 second shot of some melee combat ending with Tyrion getting knocked out, or even just skipping the battle entirely, cutting away from him walking to war and cutting back in with him unconcious, lending the appearance of Tyrion actually getting injured in battle. The way they handled it is, as someone else mentioned, making him comedic relief.

On the other hand, I am glad we don't have Tyrion the axe wielding knight killer, who takes out a half dozen men by the end of the first book. That was really stretching credulity, and just like I was glad they took out his little acrobatic stunt when talking to Jon Snow back at Winterfell, I am glad they are downplaying his martial prowess. While I don't like him being knocked out by his own men, seeing him go out into battle and kill a bunch of people himself would be even less believable.