1. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Caverns of Nabiansi - Choose Your Own Adventure Random Dungeoncrawling [D&D 3

Oh no sir. The tent is amazingly useful. It's the 10gp(?) worth of warning as you hear the sound of something ripping through it to get at you, the fleshly treat inside as opposed to waking up asking "why do I hurt like something ripped my arm off?" only to discover...something is currently ripping your arm off. Also...dungeons have bugs and cold too! Sheesh.

The fishhook and sewing needle are for fishing. If we encounter an underground water source...who are we to pass up free food just because we were too cheap for a couple silver worth of equipment?

As for the signet ring, I can see situations where we write letters to people since we're a silver tongued sort and we may acquire minions or a helpful kobold cleric who would prefer not to leave his home of the Xth floor for good but might not mind coming down to the Yth floor to save us.

Uh...I just figured the mirror would be palm sized and good for looking around corners and stuff.

Manacles...yes, interrogation may be needed. Also sometimes you're just out of Dominate spells for the day and need something to hold someone down with. Or heck, improvised lock or such.

I don't think we should really try to be good at hitting things, neither class is designed for it. Assuredly we'll use ranged weapons when possible but solo sometimes things will enter melee with us and we have no tank to come and get in their way. We have summon spells for those things we can't talk out of hitting us with pointy things or deal with with our other spells. At low levels our difference in points from a fighter isn't a huge amount and at higher levels we just can't catch up no matter how hard we try. Better to just be good at what we're designed to be good at and let beings we con/charm/summon/running away like a coward deal with other situations.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-06-13 at 11:31 PM.