View Single Post

Thread: Is poison use evil?

1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Default Re: Is poison use evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Glarx View Post
    Could it be that ravages, only affecting those with the Evil alignment or subtype, are considered Good by merit of bringing suffering only to the wicked, while poisons affect indiscriminately?
    So it's cool to harm anybody as long as he pings as evil on the Pally's radar? Are you arguing that torturing people is okay as long as they deserve it?

And then, here's something else: if it's the general consensus that poisons aren't Evil, then are drugs Evil, as described in the Book of Vile Darkness?
    What does it mean that 'drugs are evil'? Trafficking drugs? Using drugs? The former could be constructed as evil, depending on a lot of variables, the latter probably isn't.

Finally, it seems strange to say that a sword and poison are synonymous in terms of morality because -- and yes, I'm going to ignore the mechanical effect of 'but it only deals ability damage and cannot technically kill you' -- you cannot slip a sword into your enemy's Cure Serious Wounds potion.
    Sneak attack.
    Last edited by SITB; 2011-06-14 at 08:34 AM.
    "Power is merely the faculty to act. It is a kinetic quantity few can grasp. The deaths of these fanatics costs me nothing. I can replace them. Because I never stop moving."

-Lucian~Fortuna Saga-