Quote Originally Posted by The Random NPC View Post
I belive Coidzor's point is that on the one hand you have some guy that already knows how to kill people and wants to join your group, and on the other, you have a guy that shanked a starving street rat in some back alley who also wants to join. One of those is more worthy of joining, but mechanically they both get accepted. If they were trying to make the class an orginization, the orginization should be giving you your first assignment. If not, you shouldn't have to kill someone to join the class.
Should? As ffones said, many gangs, and what is assassins guild or similar organization but a 'high class' gang, have initiations that make it hard, if not impossible, for the party to go to the authorities after without getting in trouble themselves. The skill requirements cover the technical requirements portion, albeit in an abreviated and abstracted way. The UA Test Based Requirements does it even better in my opinion for prestige classes based on in-world organizations. You didn't just kill some homeless drunk, you pulled off an intricate dance of subterfuge and murder. I would love to add this to a campaign.