I agree, just getting moving information around from one place to another is not really making any real progress. What we do need to do now, seeing as we have enough raw materials in terms of classes, baseclasses, and all that stuff, is to hash out the relationship between the various discipline, classes, and what not. I think that's where we were when we sort of stopped. I'll have to dig up the charts we made for this, but I think suffice to say, if we want to make any concrete process on making this come alive beyond just an archive of homebrews, we need to start making them feel real.

also, as said before, a lot of the stuff are incredibly similar fluff wise, but different mechanically, I think we've decided that either things are going to be dropped, or things are going to be related to each other with an in-story justification for it, based on a case by case basis. I think we also started categorizing the different discipline into groups for easy referencing, and I think that's something we should probably bring back into the fold.

so here's my suggestion, all work that happens now will work off of dspeyer's database. I think it's a good idea to have dspeyer be the DBA on this since he seems have a good idea on what he's doing.

Another thing that we haven't touched on yet, but I think will help us, is to start coming up with different martial organizations that uses the material we have thus far. This will also help us figure out what kind of factions we have in place.

However, I also think that we need to start setting parameter limits now. We have enough material to fill out a book as is. We don't need to go insane trying to fill the whole world right now.

So, I suggest here's what we do. Let's take a point in time, a particular region in this time, and focus development on that. The goal here? Create say, 7 major martial arts factions that will become the major players of this region. From here, we will pick our favorites, create the relationships between each group, and off we go. The region? Let's make it an area that has some mountains, running adjacent to some plains, and with maybe two rival cities there. The 7 factions we create will operate primarily out of this region. the time period itself? Let's go for the time RIGHT before Reshar becomes famous and brings it all together, as that was when we had a million schools, and before a lot of them started dying out when Reshar managed to bring it all into the mainstream.

sounds good to everyone?