View Single Post

Thread: Doctor Who (again) [SPOILERS]

1. - Top - End - #1185
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Doctor Who (again) [SPOILERS]

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    It's got both. Martha traveled the world telling people how often he saved them and how he is the only one who can save them again (not sure if sh said the latter part but she clearly meant it) There's NOONE else who can stop the master so you nned to believe in the Doctor. The 'I forgive you scene' (which I didn't really mind) didn't help either. He is pretty clearly the pictured savior of mankind, I think.
    But the doctor needed their help, unlike religious figures generally do. To move away from real world religions, if a town in a D&D world prays to Obad-Hai, god of nature, for rain, it's not a question of can the Obad-Hai make it rain, but will he. However, in the case of the finale, it was the people of the world throwing their support to and helping the one person with the best chance of beating the threat to begin with. Without the people of the world, the Doctor wouldn't have been able to win, the Master had already beaten him. Mankind is both the doctor's and it's own savior in this case.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2011-06-19 at 10:15 AM.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.