Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
I'm so behind in the times in regards to anime. I used to follow what shows came out as they were coming out in Japan, that stopped in Winter 2009. What are some highly recommended shows from Winter 2009/08 to what's out now....and doesn't require me to bit torrent or visit shady streaming sites?

Shows I've enjoyed in the past were Black Lagoon, Higurashi, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Soul Eater, Gurren Lagaan, Umineko, Nanoha, Jigoku Shoujo, Baccano!, Minaki-Ke, Strawberry Marshmallow, Ouran High School Host Club, Death Note, Code Geass----

Essentially I have an eclectic taste so genre doesn't matter.
Well, I'm unsure as to how you managed to watch some of those shows without "bit torrenting or visiting shady streaming sites" due to their complete lack of being licensed outside Japan, but I'll try to stick with that request.

If you have a US IP address, you'll be able to go over to Funimation's website and watch anything they licensed and then simulcast that they haven't released on DVD/BR yet. Shows I would recommend would be Durarara!!, The Tatami Galaxy, and Shiki.

Otherwise, your only real other way to watch recent stuff legally is Crunchyroll. And I don't use Crunchyroll, so I have no idea what they have available and for how long.

Also, I just got around to watching the most recent episode of [C], and . . . gah, this show went full retard. Nakamura, I am disappoint.