1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (IC)

Umbriel watches the drama impassively. It is not her wont to step into the spotlight; her companions certainly are putting on a marvelous distracting show. Still, she feels a touch of relief at Saffron's actions.

One part of that relief is rational: it would be inconvenient if the Iron Tower began pursuing her personally in the belief that she had forced secrets from one of their pawns. Although those secrets might have been worth the cost... Peace. You know more now than before, and with the bodies and weapons of these warriors, perhaps further information may be gleaned. A chance to learn any more of the ancient enemy's workings should not be thrown away; it is convenient, in that sense, that the unknown enemy used a githyanki organization as their agents.

The irrational part... but she turns her mind away from those thoughts with practiced skill. Some things should not even be brought to mind. Still, she offers up a brief silent prayer to the Lady and the spirits of her ancestors, that should she ever find herself in a like situation, someone will be there to do her the same favor.

She holds her arm next to the hidden pocket in her robes and speaks a command word. Valthrax squawks as she is expelled from the pocket, but quickly clambers up to Umbriel's shoulder and peers around. "Battle over, then? Took you long enough."
    "There were complications. Not unexpected, with new companions. Now, I need your eyes: keep a watch on that other spider and the body of its rider for me."

Umbriel waits to see what will happen next, her hands loose and apparently relaxed on her reins. If there are irreconcilable differences amongst the group, best to have them out early. But still... she says quietly through the Message, "I see no auras of notable power in the crowd. Nonetheless, if Kuthial spoke true, we are watched, by agents of an organization of non-negligible power and already some reason to wish us ill. It would be wise to remember that."
    Last edited by Ifni; 2011-06-25 at 12:38 AM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.