Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
What I want is the causality-warping things that created reality, and who designed a world the remnants of which are confined to the underdark and mysterious incomprehensible catacombs, who don't even exist in a form that humans can comprehend and thus are only visible through their lesser components. I want those things, and the beings they choose as their agents in remaking the world they've been banished from into the Hellscape they once loved. And I never get that. I get manifestations of incredibly anthropomorphic neuroses and the extremely normal people they choose to act like normal people completely independent of the desire of their terribly disappointing masters.
Most things really aren't that terrifying once you bring them into the light. Way back when, Cthulhu and his ilk were considered the epitome of horror, but now they're little more than an internet in-joke. See, the thing about the Yozis is that they lost and were horrifyingly mutilated by the Exalted (depending on whose account you're going by of course). They remain titans, but they're mere shadows of what they once were. The King was a cosmic will of such proportions that he was able to invent most of the important things in the setting. Sure, it was Autochthon or whoever else who built them, but it was the Empyreal Chaos who conceived of the ideas in the first place and browbeat everyone else into making them. As Malfeas, he can think of no more than rageragerageragerageragerageragerageragerageragera geragerageragerage. That is the depth to which the Yozis have fallen. The Primordials were vast cosmic principles, and the Exalted broke them; they broke the universe. Thus, what we see of them are mere shells; the Yozis were broken in such a manner that their conquerors could understand them, and the Exalted are petty creatures in comparison, thus the vast lordliness of the King is mirrored to be merely the scorn of a felled tyrant.

Of course, some Yozis retain elements of what they once were, that sort of alien-ness. In fact, most of them remain largely undefined, just as before Infernals was released. The Yozis who have been described are generally those most conductive to the will of humans: broken Malfeas and Adorjan, enthralled Cecelyne and She Who Lives in Her Name, and petty Ebon Dragon. If you truly want to talk about what's left of the eldritch horrors who spawned the cosmos, look to Hegra or Sacheverell (broken though he is), or Oramus. Look to the Neverborn, for even in the madness of their death, they remain truer to their original forms than many Yozi. On the other hand, ignore Autochthon, because he was already a little broken and is vastly moreso after all the time that's passed.

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
I wonder, crunch-wise supreme, how the Primordials made Creation.
Miracle shells? I always thought those Charms were really silly.