Ishmael considers this for a moment.

He uses the quill, ink and paper and leaves a note for the baron.

"
My Lord Baron.

I apologize for this offense and I realize and I am causing you great discomfort. Know though that my intentions are good and that I am taking this item from you so that I may strike a blow against the Jacks that plague this city. I am looking for patrons that will help me do this. If you are willing to help after my mission to destroy that evil faction is done you can have your necklace back.

To prove I have not evil intentions in my mind I would like to point out that the eastern window on the ground floor is a blind spot to your house's defenses though I guess this may not be of importance since you plan to move to the Noble's Quarter and shut yourself off the real Aldhaven.

If you are interested in what I have said and plan to commit to helping me in my quest you should put a small red scarf at the gate of your manor tomorrow afternoon.

I will then make sure a messenger reaches you. Please give him the response in an unsealed envelope. He will have orders not to enter your manor but will wait by the entrance for your reply.

I know not what you plan for the Baroness and what enchantment the necklace has but in good faith please reveal it for me in the letter. I do not really care but it shows you trust me enough to do that. I offer you an oath that I will not reveal it. The oath of the man that stood in a room next to you yet did not wish you harm.

And my lord, if you try and play me... I will know.

This comes from a man that was present in your meeting with your butler and you did not realize so I hope you trust in my abilities enough to not think I am kidding.

Yours truly,

R.A.

"

Finishing the letter he takes the silk bundle and checks to see if it has something inside but without opening it.