1. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Togo's Planar Adventure set partly in Sigil (IC)

Our mirrors? Kalinor looks a little surprised. Oh, well I can tell you but I'd rather you didn't spread it around too much. They're basically made of steel.

An alloy of metals fused to glass, says Nephira sternly. Cobalt mainly.

Same sort of thing, says Kalinor, impatient, but the main thing is they're very hard to break, and it's not that expensive to make.

It's not cheap.

No, but it's not expensive. Comparable to trying to lay out a single sheet of glass that size, and with less chance of the mixture cracking, or an imperfection making a section cloudly. And because it's tougher, you can make them much larger without worrying so much about the structure, and people can buy them without worrying so much about keeping them protected.

But I'm not sure that's relevent. It might be, but I'm not sure. The mirror that was stolen wasn't one we created.
    Kalinor looks a little uncomfortable.

The thing is,when you go into a business like this, you want to know what's been done before. So we bought a lot of old mirrors, particularly enchanted mirrors, to see how they were made. Expensive, but I planned to sell them again once we were finished. Anyhow, the mirror that was stolen was probably the oldest, a real antique, called the Well of Souls. Big, old, enchanted, metal frame... we never did find out when or where it was originally made, did we Nephira?

No, She says flatly, we did not. We did uncover some legends, though, didn't we Kalinor? The Night of the Lost Children, the Flight of the Elves, the Caravan of Khandar, the Fall of Korolis.

Kalinor flaps his hands impatiently. Yes, yes we uncovered a great many legends about old mirrors, but I'm not convinced they're all about the same mirror, even assuming they're about real events. The Fall of Korolis is an allegory, for goodness sake, about the dangers of too much navel-gazing.

Anyway, for whatever reason, someone apparently attacked our wagon and stole the mirror, and we're still trying to work out who.

I was thinking they might try again, and if you were waiting for them, we might find out what was going on... But that's a danger to you, and I don't want to impose,
    he insists a trifle unconvincingly. Nephira can show you to some quarters and maybe you can sort out what you want to do between yourselves?
    Last edited by Togo; 2011-07-09 at 07:30 PM.