Quote Originally Posted by Kalaska'Agathas View Post
So he did. If that does indeed mean using Core only (I'm not convinced it does) then I would recommend Druid 20 with Natural Spell as I previously mentioned, or if you prefer (as I do) Ultimate Arcane Power, then the following build is what I would recommend:

Human Diviner 5/Red Wizard 10/Archmage 5, banning Enchantment and eventually Evocation. Take leadership, and have your cohort follow the same build. Then, by using Simulacrum, you (ab)use Circle Magic to cast level 20 spells at Caster Level 41+, while your Cohort does the same, and while your Simulacra of yourself do the same. Congratulations, now things need to make DC 36+ saves against all of your spells, you can dispel anyone (well, anyone not using the same trick), and you use the normal Wizard "I win" spells to win the game. All in Core.

Edit:

If I'm not mistaken, that is part of what the OP wants.
First off Archmage is the only class I see in your build that is core.

Second I'm assuming the DM will not allow pixies even though they are technically a core race. I'm assuming based off my experience that the DM will not allow them (as most of the DMs I've played with don't), specifically because they are fun drainingly broken, even though that is what the OP wants. So it is best to assume that ONLY PHB1/DMG races and classes are allowed, thus I extend the Druid recommendation again.