1. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!

[Main Cabin]

Rasslin sighs a little.

It starts when I first met Ze-...I mean, Demon Queen.

Some guy figured out a way to contain the spirits and was rounding us up. Her and a few other people kind of got involved and went to stop him. Ended with him frozen in a lake, and six of the spirits captured. Myself included.

Unfortunately, we couldn't find a way to free ourselves. So, the guys took the items that held us and went out, finding good hiding spots.

During that whole thing, Demon Queen fell for a guy. Selvik. He was a Shadow Base. And he was good enough that he wore a blindfold all the time. Used his abilities to "see". So, when the group split, she stayed with him. They had a good couple years together. Started an resistance group against the military in charge. They had their personal reasons for that. Another story for another time.

Anyways, during this one battle, Selvik gave the band that held me to Demon Queen, so that she could us Shadow abilities. And...well, it was a tough fight. Selvik was good. But...he got hit. Bad. And she lost it. Her abilities and mine combined, I think she took out a few blocks. They just disappeared. And me...well...I was powerless.
    Her shoulders droop a little. There was absolutely nothing I could do but sit there in that band and watch as she spent an hour holding his body, crying.

She sighs. And I know it wasn't my fault...but...I still feel horrible about it. She looks to Shrike. And that's also how I know that the "death of your most loved one" thing won't bother her. He's already dead.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2011-07-11 at 01:25 AM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907