Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
"Into the sunset" =/= "straight down into the ground"

I was talking about a completely different sort of maneuver. While I completely approve of your choice of source material, the who Prismatic Wall strike at the end of the charge sorta struck me as a kludge. Therefore I suggested a replacement.

Whatever floats your boat.
Okay, no. It fundamentally makes sense for an ability that's based off of a rainbow to have a prismatic effect. When you're talking about 17th level, prismatic wall is the go-to prismatic effect of choice. I'm not saying that they actually construct one, just that the target is affected as if they had passed through one. As far as the whole "straight down into the ground" thing goes, I'm not designing an entirely new terrain system to handle pummeling people into the ground and the various repercussions thereof including different effects for different kinds of terrain (rock, sand, metal...) just for the sake of a single maneuver in a discipline that's focused on aerial combat when the source material never even shows that happening.

I'm going to use mechanics that already exist in the system that already represent someone being hurled with great force, in this case the Awesome Blow feat. If the DM decides that the target is hurled into the ground because of that at a strong enough force to cause some mechanical effect that makes sense in the context of the particular situation, they can do whatever they want. But that sort of detail makes no sense to put in the maneuver itself, because that's not what the maneuver's about.