Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
Snad and Mel being in bed with each other is well known to Quain (and Diva). And Snad showing up is actually a smart political move as it undercuts Zala bigtime.
I see it differently. Even if the Mel's relationship would cause no trouble, the fact remains that the presence of one imperial daughter inside the Sarghress throne room facing Quaintana might lead to complications. Well IF Quaintana would be rational and diplomatic you would be right of course. However this is Quaintana I'm talking about and she does not have much of these qualities. Remember when Zalaess did visit Quaintana the meeting quickly deteriorated to an exchange of insults, almost it came down to bloodshed and that was before a Sharen golem attacked the fortress, which did not help to improve the Sharen/Sarghress relationships. Quaintana, whose aim in life is to crush the Sharen dominance, might get angry again and this time Snadhya is not save in her in her impregnable school with countless hostages at her side.

Bottom line what I am saying: Snadhya, for all her cleverness, might underestimate how irrational Quaintana can be, especially in front of Sharens like herself.