Spoiler
Show
Well don't tell me his level! That's worse than me inferring it! And duly noted, although it still was irrelevant in this sense. No mages if it can be helped. Even the NPC mage in the clan initiation could easily have cooked Wilstaff's goose if that Charm Person had landed. I was so sure I had an anti-caster caster with the spiked chain, able to surround and eliminate any NPC caster and PC ones if needed, but I'm too used to level 1 and 2 character fights. Forgot that at this level people can almost autosucceed on casting defensively if they've been paying into Concentration (and who wouldn't?). And OK, I get it, it wasn't a well-phrased lure. It was the heat of the moment, that's all.

Perry would have been nice. Two birds with one stone. But no, I was trying to get a non-mage, because I'm reasonably convinced that when not on ground level, only three things can kill, or even injure, my character: mages/psionics/Incarnum guys/any other class along those lines, big hidey types, or someone with a potion of Fly (which costs a lot to just have lying around). A barbarian or monk, or a ranged fighter who isn't a Rogue with some way to hide in plain sight, they're meat in the grinder.