Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
Have to agree here. It's very much like Diablo II (despite its story being even MORE paper-thin than that game's), it's got pretty graphics for a game of its kind, and the blending of "trees" is a nice idea. I espeically liked that they did their homework with the game, calling HERACLES by his actual name rather than the Romanization and generally being very accurate to the myths. My only pet peeves were basically the same kinds of pet peeves I had with Diablo II, namely that the gear was all random so there's no way of knowing whether what you find is better than what you have or not, and that some of the bosses could be just plain annoying since I didn't have a good enough build to dish out damage faster than they healed. I eventually slogged my way through the main quest, but I haven't played Immortal Throne yet. I really should give this game another look. It was a fun time-waster back in college.
Ya know, something I don't understand about your complaint, and others, is the "Don't know if what I find is better then what I have" one. When you equip a weapon, on the one stat page, it tells you, in no uncertain terms, what your total DPS(Damage per Second) is. If that number goes UP, then the weapon you found is better. If the number goes DOWN, the weapon you found isn't. If it stays the same, or is roughly the same, judge by the weapons OTHER stats that don't directly affect damage, and pick which one suits your particular build better. It couldn't POSSIBLY be any easier to figure out. I always thought that was one area that TQ had D2 beat hands down.