Quote Originally Posted by Tenno Seremel View Post
You can use 2 metapsionic feats if you throw more feats at it. Psicrystal Affinity + Psicrystal Containment or Psionic Body + Subconscious Containment from Untapped Potential (but not both), you'll want Psionic Meditation too…
That IS the idea. You see, to use more than one metapsionic feat, you need to invest quite a bit. Psicrystal Containment (and by deference, Subconscious Containment) allow at most one more metapsionic feat, but require expenditure of feats to bypass that restriction. The idea is to do the same with metamagic feats, allowing a chance to bypass that restriction but requiring feats to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
Well, although I do enjoy your fixes, this one really hurts some classes, like the Warmage and Dread Necromancer, making it so they might now be in Tier 4, which would make me sad.

Other than that, this is GLORIOUS!!!
I think you've seen the disclaimer, of course. Some changes will have to be made; the Retooled Warmage is built working with that idea, and the ability of the original to wear armor and shields makes it so that it really doesn't suffer too much from the change (and then again, isn't Warmage a Tier 4?). Dread Necromancer will have only its spellcasting toned down, but do consider that through its minions it has some action economy so it can decide to move and attack, cast a spell to buff his minions, cast a spell to debuff his minions... Do consider that there's Rapid Spell in case they NEED to move and attack, and that all full spellcasters are still capable of making 5-foot steps. The Beguiler is probably the one that gets hurt the most because of how Cloaked Casting works, but the class has several other options to still fulfill Tier 3 (UMD, skill list, decent BAB, spells are better outside of battle in any case).