1. - Top - End - #49
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    As a burgeoning fanfic author, I think I should take offense at that.

Also, the reason all the fanfics have Haku as a girl is not because the authors don't realise she's a guy, but because the character design is clearly that of a girl. Not only that, but in Shippuden, an adult female turns up at one point and until it's explained, we're obviously supposed to think it's Haku. She turns out not to be, in the end, but I think it's telling that they chose a female to make look like her.

Besides which, we only have Haku's word on it that she's male. She could be, y'know, lying. Maybe she thinks Zabuza wouldn't accept her as a girl. Who knows?

There's no inherent problem with making Haku a girl in a fic. There is a problem with just ignoring the bit where she says she's male, but if you explain it adequately it's fine.

...that was a longer rant than I expected to go on. Huh.
    First of all, gonna say that I'm sorry for generalizing fanfic authors. I should of specified bad ones. HOWEVER, it appears that my comment triggered you, so I've got a lot to respond to, which means that in the end it was a success. Yay!

Not denying Haku looks like a chick. And not surprised they would use her design for a chick. However, and this may just be me, but I think the design is actually meant to be adrongyneis (however you spell this, I forget ).

If that was the case...well, it certainly would be hilarious. "I am a straight girl, but this Zabuza guy, I love him, but he wears cowboy esque, near assless chaps, so he might be gay, so I'm going to pretend to be a dude". That really is the most ridiculous topsy turvy type of story ever. And I like it.

And yha, explaining it adequitely would make it more sensible. Again, sorry for generalizing up there. We can atleast all agree that Haku, one way or the other, is the Ultra Trap

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Forgetful LaLa is forgetful.

Yes, I'm at home, and have been so for half a week or so. Sadly, my brothers are blocking our stationary computers all day long, so I haven't found a gap in which to Inkscape. I could install it on this tablet of mine, but I'm not sure I want to do drawing with a thumbpad (the pen is just bulky when I need to access the keyboard).

@Eon:
    Your java code is faulty. System.out.println() is written with a small 'p'. Don't worry, though. I've also written faulty code in my signature.
    Ahh, ok. Sorry about that Teddy, I can be a BIT forgetfull

EDIT: Before I forget, SKEPPIO! Just a reminder, I said you can talk to me whenever you want. Just making sure you remember
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2011-08-03 at 10:10 AM.