Mine arrived this afternoon, and I've already read through it.

I loved the "Invaders from the Fourth Dimension" story. Even having never played 4e or read any of its rules, seeing the two editions clash was very amusing, and just having read a few edition arguments online enabled me to get some of the jokes about 4e itself, plus of course some were self-explanatory (all their abilities being short-range, for instance, or 4e Roy abusing his ability to make others do things on his turn).

However, to address the poll, as a result of that very lack of familiarity with 4e, I'd be unlikely to buy a book centered around the 4e Order. It was the clash between them and their 3.5e counterparts that fueled my enjoyment of that story the most, not the 4e jokes alone.

I also greatly enjoyed the "Stick Tales" section. "Greenhilt: Prince of Denmark" was my favorite part of the entire book, and easily the one that elicited the most laughs out of me (which is a bit surprising, since I've never seen/read Hamlet, but I guess I know enough of it from other things referencing it to get most of the parodies anyway, and of course all the jokes that don't require knowledge of the original). "Elan and the Beanstalk" was pretty good too. The other two a little less so, though I think in "Goldenleaf's" case its brevity is as much responsible for that as anything - hard to get as many laughs as the others when the story is only two and a half pages. But that's not to say I didn't like them either, as I definitely did.

Anyway, for those, I would buy a book of stories of that sort.

The Dragon Magazine stuff was amusing, in the way the Dungeon Crawlin' Fools era strips were. Not much to say there, though I fear the fact that I never read the magazine and am not really familiar with its history caused some of the jokes of the final few strips to be lost on me (for instance, I didn't get the joke of the uncensored version of that Mr. Potato Head panel at all).

The Julio Scoundrel stuff... eh. I found myself mostly happy that it was short. Not that it was bad, but it didn't entertain me the way the other parts did. Wouldn't buy a book based on that I'm afraid.

Random observation: in black and white, Lien and short-hair Haley are nearly indistinguishable when not in outfits they usually wear. I thought Haley was the girl in "Goldenleaf" for the couple of panels before Lien identified herself by name.

Zevox