Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
Karite almost choked on his drink as Seiko spoke about his captain. "Che. Idiot, I meant that I get more of a chance to train then you do. And your sword never shuts up, kinda like someone else I know..." He throws his friend a mock glare.

"Sparring?" He almost perks up at the word. "Sure Seiko, that sounds like a great idea!" He throws back his head, gulping down the rest of his drink, standing with Seiko. "Who knows, maybe I can find out why your sword doesn't want to give you a Bankai so badly. Because I have mine." He flashes Seiko a grin. "Course, you already know that."
Seiko grins as Karite chokes on his drink. It's fun to watch him squirm. "Oh please, I don't talk that much. At least to most people."

When Karite jumps up, Seiko's grin grows. He could always count on Karite to be willing to come along for mutual beatings. "Then what are we doing here?" Seiko said, leading the way out of the bar. On the way out, he saw Captain Emet talking to...Tsukada-soutaichou? How long had they been there? How much had they heard? Seiko suddenly felt very embarrassed. He hadn't exactly been professional and captainly with Karite, but then again, Tsukada was drinking too, so he couldn't have too much moral high ground.

11th Division, 5th training ground

Once they had arrived at Seiko's favorite training ground, Seiko and Karite faced each other down about ten yards away from each other.

"All right, Karite-kun. I propose a three-stage spar: first round is only Hakuda, second round is Zanjutsu with sealed blades, and third round is with our Shikai. Sound good to you?"