Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
Writing Semper Fi (page 61 Woo Hoo). I realize that if I were a worse writer, I'd have a plot element where Soarin had to take Rainbow Dash's place as the element of loyalty. But I'm not, so I won't. Just thought I'd toss that plot orphan out there.
Yeah, good idea on avoiding that. At that point, you might as well reveal that he is all six elements in one being.

Quote Originally Posted by aotrs commander
If by "eventually" you mean "in the order of three to sixteen minutes (eight on average), depending on physical health and strength of Lich's aura"...

It's difficult to market anything when your customer base all die the first night they use their purchase.
Well, it really did a bang up job on cooling them down! Look, they are enjoying it so much that they refuse to even respond to any outside stimuli. Some would say this is a bad thing, but it also means that costs are down and supply is high!

Quote Originally Posted by aotrs commander
Wouldn't it be better to, I dunno, use more easily produced and controlled toned-down coldbeam technology? Or stick your head in the freezer?
While true, these other options do not have the pizaz of lich based cooling systems. A freezer is limited by electrical power, a bone kept in a box lasts a lifetime (literally if you touch it!).

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
The theme for this week's Writer's Training Ground is "Write a cliche story". The examples they have are:

1) RD loses her wings, permanent or otherwise.
2) Twilight casts a spell, it goes wrong.
3) Sad Luna is sad.
Quote Originally Posted by Grif
(Responding to quotes as I see them.)

Those are pretty much the top 3 cliche ideas. Others that occured to me.

All humans on Equestria must be bronies.
Ponies inherently are superior to any outsiders
Pinkie acts all 'Cupcake' like.
Dash is to be shipped to every other mane cast.
Trixie comes back for some nefarious revenge on Twilight, only to fall heads over heels in love. (aka the infamous Twixie.)
Mary Sue OC.
Ok, so we need a story including all of these. They are asking for a cliche story, and the clicheity of a story rises exponentially the more cliches it uses.

So, Twilight is practicing magic, when Rainbow Dash crashes through the window due to some training mishap. This causes Twilight to lose focus, and magically remove Rainbow Dash's wings. Worse, the spell is irreversible!

Meanwhile, Luna is sad because nopony understands her, and wanders into Ponyville in hopes of finding somepony to call her own.

Dash, in her misery of losing her wings, goes on wild flings with every pony in town, hoping to distract herself via cuddles, hugs, and sugary goods.

At the same time, Trixie returns to enact revenge, but interrupts Twilight while she is practicing a love spell (to help Luna find her soul mate). The spell goes off wild and hits them both, and the rest goes down in history.

Throughout, Pinkie sings a few songs, and acts in an overly Pinkie fashion.

Lastly, somepony comes from over the horizon. Lo and behold, it is Geoff, from accounting in pony form. He shouts "behold!" and through the powers invested in him by his accounting degree, rights every wrong (except Rainbow's lack of wings, since that is permanent silly!).

There you go Amish, the perfect cliche storm of a story. I accept giant checks with absurd amounts of money written on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
Ponyard has a plan.
Spoiler
Show
Deep in the belly of The Sting, Skyrocket stands on her hind legs, special made supports allowing her to maintain balence and remain comfortable. She is standing over a table completely covered bits and pieces of machinery, in the center of the table something that looked like a disembodied unicorn horn that gently pulsed with a pale green light.
Sky? What is that?
I'm not totally sure, but its practically pulsing with power. I'm trying to reverse engineer an input for it, it strongly resembles some type of key.
Key to what?
I don't know. so im going to try to build a lock for it.
Build a lock for the key? Where did you even find that?
Long time ago, it only recently started glowing like this.
Alright, let me know if you figure something out.

Ponyard trots off, back towards the bridge. Skyrocket tinkers with something on the table. When he is out of earshot, Skyrocket grins and uncovered what looks like large circular lock, she slid the mechanism into her launcher and turner the key.
Even from the bridge Ponyard and Nightscream could hear her laughter.

I think this is a good place to set things up.
Got nothing to say about this at the moment, except that I approve of this combination of pony and gurren lagann.

Gah, thank my lucky stars for ctrl+c, as the forum ate this up when I first tried to post this.