Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
Spoiler
Show
Goro doesn't bother to chase after her at top speed: she's not moving fast enough to hurt anything. He instead walks after her, her reaction bringing to mind how things had been a mere six score years ago...

Eventually arriving beside the little creature's hiding spot, he lowers himself until his eyes are about on-level with hers, and offers his sword-cleaning cloth: he doesn't catch cold frequently enough to carry a handkerchief.

"You've lived... apparently as long as you can remember... in a place where people find it hard to care for themselves, let alone a little girl like you. Your looks don't do you any favors, but trust me when I say that a normal-looking child wouldn't find it much easier."

A brief cloud passes over Goro's face, but he presses on.

"It does not mean you are unloveable. It does not mean you are a monster. You are just a strange little girl who has made some mistakes. And here, in the Seireitei, that can eventually be overcome. If you will listen to me, I think that you can find a family. After all, Nasumi-san did. So did I."
A few minutes passes as the zombie girl sits in relative silence, only broken by an occasional sniffle.

Eventually she stands, her face a right mess. It looks like she cried embalming fluid, as her cheeks are stained with a yellowish tint. However, she seems not to mind.

"...I'm ready to go, zom."

No more is said, but her eyes tell a different story. Where she was once sullen, Goro might be able to detect a slight hint of hope.