View Single Post

Thread: Orc/Goblinoid Resources

1. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Orc/Goblinoid Resources

i never said anything about litters, i just figured goblins just reproduced very quickly, say they are born, grow to self-functioning maturity in about a year, and then the mother gives birth to another child, sending the previous child out to fend for itself, if it's not strong enough to survive, then it dies.

That or Goblins have the "more sons i have more food i can harvest" mindset of many farmers, only replace "farm" with "hunt". Or they just cannibalize their dead, though even i couldn't see goblins doing that.

edit: after thinking about that hobgoblin cleric from the founding of gobbotopia who had a little brother while still a child, i realized it might be possible that mature goblins still live with their mother/parents for awhile after becoming mature, they are simply expected to get their own food and will not be provided for without good reason (i.e. they might get special treatment if they know how to heal or do magic or something) though then again (again) as i was writing this i realized that the hobgoblin cleric was a hobgoblin, not a goblin, so this entire paragraph simply became a waste except to explain a half-arsed theory that a family of goblins might still stare a home but not provide for anyone but the mother without good reason.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2011-08-08 at 02:34 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show