1. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching: Against the end of all things

Tavi

Tavi, quite frankly, is disappointed that the Earth rejected him. He feels shame, a bit of anger, and regret, but then exhales softly, and decides to take it in stride.

After all, He thinks to himself, the burden borne by the Master Crafter would have been a heavy one...

Then he hears Gaborn's comments about 'doing what is easy' and 'sinking to the Shadow's level'.

His teeth grinds together. Then he exhales, musters his thoughts and reply.

"I do not pretend to understand what is truly required to serve the Earth, Master Crafter. If the Earth requires someone who can not only abide his enemies, but forgive them deep within their heart, then truthfully, I am not that person, and I hope that Lazlo can do better. I have dark inclinations, pride and vengefulness among them, and have never denied it."

He meets Gaborn's eyes. There's anger in his own, but also a measure of hurt.

"But please do not accuse me of sinking to the Shadow's level, or compromising my principles in favor of what is easy. I've dark inclinations, but I've always tried to do the right thing: I've seen what too much compromise and ruthless actions 'for the greater good' can do to a man, and I want no part of it."

He does his best to keep his voice level.

"Master Crafter, what have I done that provokes your dismay?"
    Last edited by Colesign; 2011-08-08 at 11:31 PM.