1. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I've always known there's multiple sides to me, I just never thought they'd so neatly fit into entire mini-personalities like that. The crazy part is now I can see the areas of my life where their cooperation (or lack thereof) affects me. Joker and Counselor work together to make my writing/artistic side, but the Mastermind's harsh, objective view on everything, my own work included, gives me my nervousness that my work is no good.

I continue to blame Australia.

-------------------

That cat should feel honored; he's a pretty pony now! Yay!

My prediction? Season two will be the tipping point. I'm staying at a stable level of ponysanity now, but once new content gets in my system, my days are numbered. That, or it's going to come out of left field and I'll slip when I least expect it.

I still haven't forgotten the various wagers, although I'm strongly considering opening the betting for another go, this time encouraging people to have a bit more confidence in the Amishman and go for "more than 7 days".
    1.) I have been thinking about the personality thing raised by Thanqol for a while now. I still fail to find distinguishable sub-personalities, but I have realized that I have something like 'security clearances'. There's the strictest one that only allows out the things I would be willing to show around complete strangers, in professional environments, etc; there's an intermediate one that lets out most everything else, which is in place around most of my friends and family; there's a sub-set of the intermediate one which is only for people I would trust my life to; and there's the super-strict one that's only for me and the things I don't share at all.

2.) I am running into trouble with pony near-slip ups. The problem is that after chugging through all 36 chapters of Fallout: Equestria, I find some of the terminology (Stables, Tenpony Tower, Ment-als) more natural than the actual in-game terminology. Then cue 1-2 seconds of hesitation before discussing Fallout 3 things with non-brony friends as I desperately try to sort out which term is which...this is particularly bad because several of my friends have decided to replay Fallout recently...

EDIT: @DBC - Twilight is INTP. She can make whatever semantic distinctions she likes.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-08-10 at 02:26 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!