View Single Post

Thread: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

1. - Top - End - #306
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

Quote Originally Posted by fizzybobnewt View Post
    Haha that's cool. Fire is more rounded. Can't explain myself better. Look at Mario's fireballs?
    I did! And I spent 20 minutes trying to draw one and failing so I went for the easy to draw option. Fire is something I need to figure out, though, so it's on the list for an entire practise day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytara View Post
    The pose and the position of the limbs looks nice and natural and expressive. Keep trudgin'. :)

About the scorch marks on the griffon's body... Take care not to make them too uniform. Remember, they are where the fire scorched. Imagine how a flame scorches, and how it would affect the surface of the body in that particular spot.
    Ah! That's a great point, and one that I hadn't considered. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

And with but a word, the scales fell from his eyes
    The errors of the past; the wrong-doings and wrong turns
    All made so clear, so vivid
    And in the throes of the revelations upon him
    He uttered but a single phrase, forever shaping the new world set before him;

"D'oh!"
    Referring to you or I? Because my reaction to finding the transparency slider was more "Ohhh, so that's how that works"

Hahaha! Banana.
    I am (probably to my detriment, given the concept behind it) curious about the soundtrack. Do one of you have a disk track that is just a wing beat? Did you snare a seagull from the far reaches by the sandy shore, and stuff it in a cage as inspiration?
    The mind mage erased all his memories of the sound and replaced them with that tap-dancing banana reminding him to Listen To Jayden the next time she warned him about that wingbeat.

The ST never actually played the sound, though. He just described it as the beating of enormous wings. Though now you've got me thinkin'.

Oh! Well that answers the "is that jayden as a griffon" question. Neat!
    Sorry haven't been around, but you've progressed beyond the point where I'd be doing anything other than nagging you for things you can Already see. I feel very weird, posting in the Arts&Crafts section unless it's very pertinent. Poor DirtyTabs, I should lend her moral support anyway...

Going to leave this on preview, sleep on it. See if anything occurs to me. Speaking of memetic transfer, griffon seems to be the order of the day, does it not? Well done. You seem tohave gotten their basic form down pat.[/color]
    I hope that soon I'll get the baseline competence to give DirtyTabs a hand with ponytars when I can. And thanks for what help you have been giving!

Gryphons are great and I'm going to be doing more of them.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-08-10 at 07:18 PM.