Part 1 of Multiquote monstrosity. I AM learning, SiuiS...

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
I think she serves as the town librarian. In fact, it's possible that the library had been closed for a while because there wasn't a certified book-pony in town, but now that they have a poor grad student who's willing to work for room and board and access to the books, they're good to go.
And now I'm jealous. I have to put up with snotty undergrads for my room and board. (No offense to undergrads, just the snotty ones)

The pony script is very different. Recall that the book of Equestrian history Twilight read in the pilot was basically a picture book.
I demand that we develop a fan theory of Equine script. Is it pictographic? An actual alphabet? Something else?

There is, of course, a world of difference between not going to the library and being illiterate.

In my continuity, Big Mac is a voracious reader and gives them to Applejack and Apple Bloom when he's done (see, in It's Always Sunny, Applejack concluding that she'd read too many of big mac's books at least once).
... hm. If I felt like doing Twilight/Mac shipping, there's my angle.
DO EEEEET! I liked Ships that Pass in the Night for precisely this reason, and my only regret was:
Spoiler
Show
They never actually got together. Hence the title, I suppose.

Luna... the diamond dogs are besieging us, and Tirek the Cruel will soon have the ring of power. I wish to spare us from having to see this come to pass.

Tia, are you making an enormous funeral pyre?

Shhh shhh shhh, it'll be over soon.

Tia, I think you're overreacting.
Well, maybe she's part phoenix; it's less desperation move than dirty trick.