1. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: [3.5] Fighter Mix Fix - a little Pathfinder, a little Dungeonscape...

There's a lot of ways to use a BAB pre-req feat for a lot less resources than actually including a fighter in the party. Not to mention that it'd also help initiators (thus still leaving Fighter in the dust), 3/4 BAB classes like Cleric, Druid, and Psychic Warrior (which are outclassing fighters already), et cetera, so forth.
    The scope of my fix is limited to core only; what it does for initiators is beyond my particular caring at the moment. For that matter...the above is only a single aspect of a larger fix I'm working on for the entire system. Note that the table in the OP is labled "2-7."

Cleric has recieved a big overhaul in that they can only cast spells from their domains, vastly limiting their capabilities; druid spellcasting, meanwhile, has been changed to work like a bard, as well as getting an animal companion like a ranger and wild shaping taking a full minute to perform; lastly I'm grabbing wild shaping as Pathfinder works it, as I do believe that was a successful nerf.

Further, I'm hoping to make the Fighters win out over the 3/4ths classes by simple quantity of feats. Clerics get 7, 8 if their human. Fighters get 18, 19 if human. In the time it takes for Clerics to complete one feat chain, Fighters could finish two and start work on a third. If each feat chain is, say, four feats deep, then a Fighter could complete nearly five whereas other classes have to make do with two.

So the goal is a combination of,
    - Weaker other classes
    - Better feats
    - Feats that are even better if you have levels in fighter
    - Quantity of feats

Sorry my friend, but like I said above - there's no such thing as a feat-based fix. Everyone gets feats, and there's a lot of ways to access them - hell, phantom HD from spells/bardic music can turn anyone into a fighter for a brief time! Any feat-based fix is only going to maintain the power gap, not close it.
    Hmm, bardic music, I had missed that. Imma gonna go fix Inspire Greatness now.
    Last edited by Rogue Shadows; 2011-08-11 at 11:55 AM.