Yeah, I thought that sounded weird when I wrote it. Let me try to explain.

Essentially, the way that you wrote the manner in which different levels of conditions are gained is a bit confusing, at least to me. If I'm reading it correctly, then if you save against an ability bestowing one of these conditions, you suffer no ill effects. If you fail by 1-4, you gain the first level effect. If you fail by 5-9, you gain the second level effect. And, if you're unlucky enough to fail by 10, you finally gain the third level effect.

But, you also reference the fact that these only come into play when you are faced with an ability which normally imparts one of the second or third level effects. That seems clunky. I assume this is an attempt at a fixing spells, but making the players have to figure out if they are even at risk for receiving the more dangerous conditions in the first place makes it much less likely to see use.

I would advise that having any spell or supernatural ability which imparts one of the conditions listed, in any form, should be changed to use the condition levels you present. That makes it effective across the board and offers up advantages for multiple spells. A list of what spells are changed could also help.