View Single Post

Thread: Chameleon as a Base Class (PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Chameleon as a Base Class (PEACH)

Nah. I didn't really like it after a couple years because it's so clunky and in play I found it absurdly slow (although Glyde, who also tested it, did not). I also felt like its actual class features, both the strong and weak ones, were not at all interesting. I came up with the casting mechanic and it was the entirety of my idea for the class; the actual benefits for its convoluted limitation were things I came up with without much thought. The Revolver Mage was either ludicrously powerful (it did leave a lot of room for shenanigans at higher levels) or complete garbage depending on the moment, and that's just relative to the Sorcerer and Wizard, who already suffer from that. Its removal from my signature was my discontinuation of support. Rereading the thread, I'm surprised it was so liked, actually.

It's still up and I think it's perfectly readable as it is. Here's a link to it for the curious. Edit: and apparently it's a closed topic, so I can't edit it. Don't know why.

{table]
    Aside:[br][br]These "aside" boxes are tables. It doesn't work perfectly because it requires at least two cells (look at its right edge) but I liked it well enough. An indent is also used to make the text not go all the way to the edge of the cell, and [b r] (without the space) is used to go to the next line in one cell. Both that and the long separator lines ([h r] with no space) turn into <br> and <hr> and stop working when you next edit or preview the post, which is annoying. At the end of your long line for the one cell, you have to place a separator as if starting a new cell. You can just click Quote on a post to see its code.
    |[/table]
    Last edited by FMArthur; 2011-08-12 at 04:24 PM.
    • Chameleon Base Class [3.5]/[PF]: A versatile, morphic class that mimics one basic party role (warrior, caster, sneak, etc) at a time. If you find yourself getting bored of any class you play too long, the Chameleon is for you!
    • Warlock Power Sources [3.5]: Making Hellfire Warlock part of the base class and providing other similar options for Warlocks whose powers don't come from devils.