View Single Post

Thread: My Little Pony XX

1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX

Huh. So, I've been perusing Ponibooru off and on to see if there's anything I like in there, and noticed there's a surprising amount of BlazBlue-MLP crossover art in there. Surprising in that I wouldn't have expected there to be any, or more than one or two if there were any, since BlazBlue is such a niche game in a niche genre that I didn't figure there was likely to be much overlap between the fandoms. Still, it surprised and amused me, so why not share?

Spoiler
    Show

This was the first one I ran across - a ponified character select screen. Quick list of who's who:

Applejack = Ragna the Bloodege
    Rainbow Dash = Jin Kisaragi
    Fluttershy = Noel Vermillion
    Rarity = Rachel Alucard
    Pinkie Pie = Taokaka
    Trixie = Carl Clover
    Mayor = Litchi Fae-Ling
    Zecora = Arakune
    Big Macintosh = Iron Tager
    Scootaloo = Bang Shishigami
    Luna = Lambda-11 (and, by extension, Nightmare Moon = Nu-13)
    Royal Guard = Haku-men
    Celestia = Hazama (WTF? )
    Twilight = Tsubaki Yayoi
    Angryshy = Mu-12
    Applebloom = Makoto Nanaya
    Spike = Valkenhayn R. Helsing
    Sweetie Bell = Platinum the Trinity

A lot of them surprisingly work well in some way or another, but others, not so much (especially Celestia, what the heck is with equating her with a character that is more or less what you get when you mix Michael Jackson and the Joker and make him super-powerful?). They were plainly running out of ideas when they got to the DLC characters (Applebloom/Spike/Sweetie Bell), for instance, as none of them really work (well, I guess you could argue that Spike being Twilight's assistant is kind of like Valkenhayn being a butler, but that's about it).

Well, that's just too goofy not to smile at . Actually, Twilight the Bloodedge there amuses me almost as much as Derpy trying to be Haku-men. There's a good reason the character select screen up there doesn't put Twilight in Ragna's spot even though they're their respective series' main characters, after all.

...all that I can think of looking at this one is "so what exactly would Pinkie-Tao call Rarity-Litchi?"

Explanation for non-players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the games Taokaka, the character Pinkie is dressed as, always refers to everyone else by a silly nickname. Her name for Litchi, the character Rarity is dressed as, is "booby lady." For obvious reasons. For equally obvious reasons, that doesn't work for ponies.

And that's just cute. Almost makes me forget how creepy Platinum is in the game.

A few pallet-swap character sprites I liked:

So, that's Derpy-color Platinum, Rarity-color Rachel, Fluttershy-color Noel, and Rainbow-color Makoto. (Yeah, Rachel is supposed to be Sweety Bell according to the tags, but Rarity would be basically the same color scheme, and fits better.) Makoto is actually probably a better equivalent for Rainbow Dash than Jin from the above character select screen, but I still prefer Rainbow-Jin. Admittedly, mostly because Jin is my main in BlazBlue and Rainbow's my favorite Pony, but still . Derpy is definitely a better Platinum-equivalent than Sweetie Bell though. I mean, Platinum even blows magic bubbles as one of her attacks!

Only thing I don't like about any of these recolors is trying to recolor Makoto's weapons in rainbow. That just doesn't work well in my opinion. Otherwise, I'd totally use them in-game if I could.

Oh, and while I'm at it, one non-BlazBlue image I particularly liked:
    Spoiler
    Show

Best. Human. Rainbow Dash. Ever.

If all of these have been passed around a million times now I apologize. Relative newbie here, ya know?

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2011-08-14 at 12:30 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis